If you are on the beach for a long time, you’ll often want to make sure that you have everything you need to keep you comfortable and protected from the bright rays of the sun.
There’s nothing worse than walking all the way out to the beach before realizing that you’ve forgotten your suntan lotion or your umbrella.
Well, this is where decent beach carts can come in handy. This is the best method of keeping everything that you need with you, so you can either lay in the sun all day or paddle out into the water.
Beach carts are also good if you have mobility issues or you are a more senior beachgoer. This will help you to carry many heavy items behind you without having to strain your back or pull a muscle in your shoulder.
This can also be good if you are a child and you want to carry your own beach things.
Because the shoreline can often be far away. The beach is also full of sand and water, so you’ll need a decent beach cart that can withstand these elements.
Sand can be quite corrosive when it gets wedged in between the wheels of your cart. Luckily, we have plenty of models listed here that have specially designed wheels to help you carry your items.
So what exactly are the best Costco beach carts? What features should they have to give you a reliable carrying cart? What are the best materials for a beach cart to be made from?
How much will you have to pay for a solid beach cart that will last you for months? Do you need your beach cart to be foldable?
Well, if you need the answer to all of these questions and more, then we would certainly suggest that you keep on reading. We have compiled a list of some of the best beach carts that you can find online.
We also have a buyer’s guide that will help you identify what you need from your next beach cart in terms of features, design and durability.
OUR TOP PICK
Our first cart comes with a built-in mesh in the pockets which will help you to store smaller items.
You can also hold your coffee cup on the beach, which is great if you need that little dose of caffeine before you hit the waves.
This wagon is foldable and will enable you to keep most of your beach essentials without any issues - introducing the Mac Sports WTC-111 Outdoor Utility Wagon.
This has small rubber wheels that you can use to negotiate even the trickiest of beach terrain.
Whether it is sand, rocks or even ankle-deep saltwater, you can be sure that you’ll have everything that you need for a smooth journey.
This is made from UV-resistant fabric, which means that you won’t experience any sun damage to your items.
This is foldable, so you can store it easily in your car or garage when it is not in use. This also has an adjustable handle that you can use to alter the position of your wagon.
This might be important if you have difficulty bending over and you want to bring your cart up to meet you.
- This comes with a durable construction, from the material of the cart itself to the sturdy metal frame that holds it all together. You can guarantee that this one will last you for years.
- This can hold up to 150 pounds of weight, which is great if you have a lot of heavy items that you want to carry with you.
- This cart can be carried over many different pavements and rocky areas without getting much damage. This is very important if you are traveling across the beach as well as staying on it.
- This is resistant to all the weather damage that you can experience when spending a long time on the beach, including UV damage and mildew from prolonged exposure to water.
- This has much smaller wheels than some of the other carts that you can get on this list, which might make it more difficult to navigate more difficult terrain.
Our next wagon is by the same manufacturer and is even more heavy duty, coming at a great price point. The structure and material is amazing and will give you everything you need for a day out at the beach.
This is made from tough polyester materials that will be able to withstand saltwater and sand, made from thick fabric and almost indestructible aluminum - introducing the Mac Sports Heavy Duty Utility Wagon.
If you are loaded with beach accessories such as an umbrella, towels and maybe even a stereo system, then you won’t have to worry, this cart can easily wheel up to 150 pounds of weight.
It comes with extra-large wheels that will be able to navigate dunes as well as rocky promontories.
This cart will also fold up, which is extra useful if you want to wave space at the beach or in your garage when you are not using it.
This can also be raised up, which will be very handy if you want to retrieve items without stooping down. This will also keep any stray sand from getting into your personal possessions.
- This cart is fully adjustable, giving you everything that you need for a fully collapsible trolley. This will help you adjust the inside for the number of possessions that you have.
- This cart can be raised very high off the floor, giving you everything that you need for a very solid foundation, as well as keeping sand and water away from valuable electronics.
- This is made from tear-proof materials, so you won’t have to worry about it catching and snagging on any valuable items.
- The frame is extremely durable, leading to an overall great lifespan for your cart. This is very important if you are going to be taking it with you down to the beach multiple times per week.
- This cart comes with connectors that rotate which might impair their ability to function eventually. These connectors might also collect sand in the grooves, which will wear them down eventually.
If you are looking to cross large areas of beach, rock and water, then we would certainly recommend this next beach cart.
It has very thick wheels that will help you to surpass some of the most difficult rocks and terrain.
The wheels are very durable, allowing you to roll over sharp rocks without getting punctured - introducing the Fish N Mate Sr Cart.
The quality and the construction of this cart is amazing, giving you everything that you need to cover your possessions and keep them safe, especially if you experience a sudden rain or wind storm.
This comes with an aluminum frame that will be very resistant to the grains of sand that can often get jammed in crevices and wear down the wheels.
There will be plenty of space on the inside of your cart for plenty of possessions, whether it is a large umbrella, towels or your swimming trunks.
You can heap this cart up very high with items, the canvas is durable enough to hold the weight of them all.
This has one of the sturdiest frames on this list and you can be sure it will last you a number of years.
- This comes with two thick wheels that you can be sure will transport you across all kinds of terrain that you might find at the beach.
- You can even carry a medium-sized cooler full of beers with this trolley. This will certainly save you any exertion on your back if you are wanting to bring something heavy with you to the shoreline.
- This has a very durable frame that will not suffer from corrosion or weather damage in the first few months.
- This comes with a detachable handle that we would definitely recommend you use if you are suffering from mobility problems or have trouble bending down.
- These tires can become deflated if you use them too many times. This might be difficult if you don’t have a pump to blow them up with.
This next cart is very affordable, being the cheapest card that is currently appearing on this list.
The design of this one is very simple and uncomplicated, allowing you to hold a modest weight of around 85 pounds.
This is perfect if you have only a few items and you want to trundle to the beach a few times a month - introducing the Sea Striker Balloon Tire Surf and Beach Cart.
This trolley is very versatile, giving you everything that you need to tow your goods in various weather conditions.
If you are worried about ocean spray corrupting the frame of your cart, then you should not worry. This is coated with powder that will stop your frame from perishing unduly.
This has plastic wheels that will not disintegrate, even when you are operating them in saltwater for long periods. This can roll over soft and fine sand very easily.
You can also hold your fishing rods with this cart, so why not take the family out on a fishing trip with a stack of cold drinks in tow?
- This trolley is one of the most compact and the most durable, giving you everything that you need for a decent carry-on.
- The design on this cart is very simple, it won’t be that hard to pile this up with some beach towels and a few cans of beer for a wonderful trip to the beach.
- This is affordable, meaning that if you are a family or a student on a budget, then you can easily buy this cart without having to break the bank.
- This also comes with fishing rod holders, so if you fancy yourself a little bit of sea fishing, then you can’t go far wrong with this carrier.
- If you have not screwed the tires in properly on this cart, then you might see them coming loose when you are out on the beach.
Next up, we have a cart that is a little different when it comes to the shape. This one is vertical, although that doesn’t mean that you can’t store plenty of items in it.
This comes with a very durable polyester canvas, which will be very important when you are trying to traipse your valuables through seawater - introducing the Rio Beach Foldable Utility Cart.
This cart features a mesh design, meaning that any water that does get caught up in it will dry off much quicker than any other material.
It has wheels that pivot in all directions with thick tires that will enable you to traverse all sorts of terrain. This makes your trolley very durable and will allow you to pull it across multiple places.
You can also fold this cart, making it amazing for storage when you are not using it. The unique vertical design will also allow you to store it easier without having to fold it at all.
It also comes with a sturdy aluminum case that you can be sure will give you everything that you need for a decent ride.
- This comes with plenty of carrying pouches that you can use to store various smaller items. You can also be sure that you’ll have plenty of room for larger things like towels and beach balls.
- This is a very durable cart, not only can you tow it through the sand and the water, but it will also be able to withstand certain sharp rocks.
- You can carry up to 150 pounds of weight with this cart, which makes it one of the most durable and heavy-duty carts on this list.
- This has a height-adjustable handle, which means that you won’t be stooping over to drag this one behind you. It also has great storage capacity on the inside.
- Because of the vertical design, you might have to order the items in terms of importance. Otherwise, you’ll be sifting through lots of possessions to get to something at the bottom.
And we’ve saved the best until last, for those of you who want a premium heavy-duty double-tiered beach cart, then this is the model for you.
Built like a tiny tank, you can carry lots of items on the two shelves that this beach cart comes with.
It is foldable and durable and you’re guaranteed to have it for years - introducing the MacSports Heavy Duty Double Decker Utility Cart.
This cart has the largest capacity of any other model that we’ve listed above.
This has pop-out trays and shelves that you can use to rest your drinks on, dry your towels with or just help you transport that six-pack of beers to the sunset on the shorefront.
This comes with a contoured handle that will be very comfortable to carry.
This trolley comes with multi-directional wheels that you can be sure will carry you across various styles of beach terrain.
It is also made from durable canvas, which will give you everything that you need to avoid tears and damage from rainwater. This wagon can also fold up until it’s only around 8 inches in width.
- This is one of the most durable beach carts that you can get, made from industrial strength fabric and a tough frame, you can be sure this one will last you for years.
- This is a double-tiered shopping trolley, allowing you to store as many items as you like on the top and the bottom tier.
- This trolley comes with durable and swiveling wheels, which are both resistant to the sand and will not cause you to get jammed when you are traversing rocks.
- You can fold this up so that it only occupies a few inches of space. This is very important if you have limited room in your apartment or home.
- The price - with top quality comes a high price tag. You should only invest in this one if you are frequenting the beach more than a few times a week and want a cart that will last.
Costco Beach Carts Buying Guide
When it comes to having the right beach cart for your needs, there will be a few things that you’ll need to consider:
How Much Storage Does It Have?
This will be very important if you have multiple items that need to be carried.
If you are lugging an umbrella across the beach, then having something with plenty of depth will be very important for your needs. You’ll also need a cart that is deep enough that it can carry multiple towels.
Does It Have Multiple Pockets?
If you are carrying around small items such as a smartphone or a tablet, then you’ll want to make sure they are safe and protected from the elements.
This is where having small zippable pockets really comes in handy. These should also come with a wire mesh lining to help with drying.
What Is The Canvas Made From?
As you probably already know, the beach can be subject to a lot of wind and sand trauma, which will have a negative effect on any devices and equipment that you are bringing out with you for many hours at a time.
You should make sure that the canvas your cart is made from is very durable, not susceptible to tears or wind damage.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Beach Cart Is Best For Sand?
Ideally, you’ll want a cart that has thick wheels that you can use to negotiate the thicker sand.
You should also make sure that the wheels can be revolved in 360 degrees, as this will really help you to maneuver the more difficult terrain.
Our Final Say
We hope that our list of the best beach carts has helped you to decide which will be the best for your beach needs.
We would always recommend that you pick something very durable that will be able to stand the sunlight, the sea water and those strong sea winds.