Buying yourself the right bodyboard is very important when complimenting your surfing style as well as your body shape.
However, you’ll need to have all the right information to hand before going out and sampling your first bodyboard.
Bodyboards are very different from boogie boards in that they have a special design, as well as contouring that makes it great to surf through the waves and performs some of the more challenging tricks.
Bodyboards also come with stringers and advanced core materials such as EPS foam and plastic that make them especially durable in the water.
We would recommend that you buy a boogie board for a child or a young teenager, with the bodyboard reserved for serious boarders who want to improve their technique out on the waves.
So where can you find the best bodyboard on the market? What features do they have to give you a smooth surfing experience? What is the most durable bodyboard that you can buy?
How long can you expect a bodyboard to last after months and months of usage? How much would you have to pay for a top-quality bodyboard?
Well, if you want the answer to all these bodyboarding questions and more, then we would suggest that you keep reading.
We have all the information that you’ll need to get yourself a great bodyboard, as well as 10 examples of some of the best boards on the market.
We also have a buyer’s guide that will help you to narrow down the right board for you.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
Our first board is one of the best for pro bodyboard enthusiasts around the world.
It comes with a very durable EPS core that will not only allow you to cut through the more troublesome waves, but will also keep you buoyant and allow you to stay on top of your waves - introducing GYN Trade Heat Sealed Legendary Pro X Bodyboard.
This board is one of the most lightweight models that we have on this list, coming in 12 stylish color designs. This means that you will be able to find a board that will suit your unique personality.
This can accommodate larger riders, which is often difficult, especially with a smaller bodyboard.
- This is ideal for advanced riders, giving you plenty of stability and cruise control, especially important if you are dealing with difficult waves.
- This board is very easy to turn on the waves, with 60/40 rails that will allow you to navigate some of the harder territories.
- This has a wrist leash that you can detach in case your board gets swept along a harsh wave and starts carrying you with it.
- This comes in some great color patterns, which might appeal to younger riders who really want to make an impact when they are out on the waves.
- This board does not come with a warranty, so if you are thinking of hitting the hardest waves, then you might want to buy a board that can guarantee you a refund.
This next bodyboard is one of the most popular, with thousands of amazing reviews that guarantee you a safe and smooth ride out on the waves.
If you are looking for a board that is reasonably priced, with a lightweight material that is effective for pulling off complex surfing moves, then this is a great board - introducing Bo-Toys BodyBoard.
This bodyboard can carry some very heavy riders, so if you are tall and built larger than your average boarder, then you might want to pick up this one.
This comes with water channels that will allow the water to run off the deck, decreasing the amount of water resistance that you’ll be experiencing.
- This board has rails that will allow you to guide your board through the harsher waters, decreasing the water resistance and the chances of your board flipping.
- This board comes in two different sizes - either 33 or 41 inches. This is very important for younger boarders who want a bodyboard they can grow up with.
- This board comes with a polystyrene, heat-laminated board that you can be sure will feel great against your body and give you that security you need to perform complicated moves.
- This is a great board for heavier surfers, which will certainly help if you had boards in the past that feel a little flimsy underfoot.
- If you are planning to use this board on a frequent basis, then you might experience some heavy peeling on the surface.
This next board is one that has been specially constructed to hit the more challenging waves.
It is made for intermediate and advanced surfers, so if you have a few years of surfing experience under your belt and you want to challenge yourself with a thicker board and better moves, then this is the board for you - introducing the Morey Bodyboard Mach 7SS.
This has a high-density core that will keep your board intact, even if you accidentally smash it up against some coral or rocks.
This is 43 inches long, which makes it one of the longest bodyboards that you can get on this list. It can hold riders that are 190 pounds or slightly over.
- This will allow you to perform numerous tricks on the top of your board, whether it is the drop-knee or a headstand, this board has been known to keep you glued to the surface of the water.
- This has a handrail that will allow you a firmer grip on the edge of your board, which is very important for nailing those complex surfing moves.
- This board is weighted around the edges and in the middle, yet more technology designed to keep you firm on the surface of the water.
- This board can accommodate surfers of all different shapes and sizes, which is very important if you are hitting the waves on a regular basis.
- This board might be a little tricky for beginners to handle, so you should make sure that you have a few years of experience up your sleeve before getting on this board.
This next board is great for children and young adults, allowing them a safe and dependable cruise on the surface of the water, no matter what the weather.
This has a very sleek bottom that will allow you to glide through the surface of the water with ease.
It has incredible flexibility, making it great for executing tough moves - introducing the Woowave Bodyboard.
- This comes with a wrist leash that will keep you firmly attached to the top of your board. This is very important if you are wanting to stay attached to your board.
- This board is a great balance between stability and maneuverability, allowing you to curve the board in the air and then land it flat on the surface of the water.
- This board comes with a curved shape that makes it an excellent board to cut through the choppy waters.
- This is great for taking out on the water for long periods, not only giving you that grade-A performance every time, but also resisting slippages and breakages.
- This board does not come with any water channels. These can be very important for helping water run off the surface of your board.
This bodyboard has an amazing design that will give you a wonderful performance.
It comes with a polyethylene core that is very buoyant and will give you on the surface of the water.
This will feature a crescent-shaped tail that is designed to attain super speed when you are out on the water - introducing BZ Pro Boards PRO Zero G Bodyboard.
- This board will give you great stability when you are riding, as it comes with a sturdy bottom that will keep it weighted to the water.
- This comes with 3 color options, all of which are really great for allowing you to express your true personality through your board.
- This has a hard rail around the edges that will give you a really solid grip and allow you to execute some of the best moves.
- This board is streamlined especially to make it one of the fastest boards on the market - if you are a speed freak, then this certainly is the board for you.
- This board does not come with a leash plug, which might lead to it drifting away.
This next bodyboard is another one from Morey, coming in a durable 42.5 inches with a solid polystyrene core.
This has a stringer placed in the center which will give you everything that you need for a very solid performance.
This is heat-laminated, so you can be sure that it will keep you warm even in the coldest conditions - introducing Mach 7 Bodyboard.
- This comes with a handy wrist leash, so if you do wipeout, then you can be sure that your board will still be attached.
- This comes with a crescent tail that will promote speed, allowing you to cut through the water at a rate of knots.
- The outline of this board is what makes it so amazing, allowing you to cut through the water at an amazing rate. Speed freaks simply love this board.
- This has a very roomy deck, with a thickness of 4mm. You can be sure that you’ll be able to get a sturdy balance on this board, which will allow you to perform some amazing moves.
- This might be a little difficult to negotiate on harder waves, which might be a problem if you are a pro surfer who likes to have an adventure out on the waves.
This next brand of bodyboard is one of the best when it comes to high performance, an extreme resilience to the harder waves and a stylish look when it comes to color.
This comes with an EPS foam core that will be very buoyant, as well as giving you the ability to hit the waves for days without issue - introducing the Wavestorm Foam Bodyboard.
- This has a slick that prevents the board from over flexing too much. This means that you can hit those waves hard without the risk of it snapping.
- This comes with a wrist leash, so you won’t have to worry about the board coming out from underneath you when you are out on the waves.
- This board will support the weight of anyone up to 180 pounds. However, if you are heavier than that, you might want to find a sturdier board.
- This has channels in the bottom that will allow for great water runoff. This is important when you are riding the hardier waters and you need as little water resistance as possible.
- As mentioned above, this is not a great board for heavier riders. If you are over 180 pounds, then we would recommend that you get something thicker with more weight to it.
This next board is very lightweight, making it a great board for beginners or intermediate boarders who want something that will keep them on top of the water with complete stability.
Coming in 12 stylish color combos, you can be sure that this board will have everything that you need for a stylish turn in the water - introducing the BPS ‘Storm’ Bodyboard.
- This board comes in a few different lengths, which are going to be suitable for smaller, medium and larger surfers.
- This board has fin tethers, which will help you give you that smoother ride when you are going through the water.
- This comes with a 12-month warranty, which will give you that extra assurance when you are in the water.
- This board comes with water channels that will help you to improve your stability when you are going through the water.
- The slick on this bodyboard is made from HDPE, which makes it much less durable when you are out on the water frequently.
This bodyboard is probably one of the best budget options on this list, giving you everything that you need for the cash-strapped surfer.
However, that’s not to say that it skimps on the features, with a solid EPS core and an HDPE polished bottom, you can be sure of having everything that you need to stay on the water with this board - introducing the Wave Weapon Bodyboard.
- This comes with a top-level versatility, allowing you to execute a whole host of amazing moves.
- It comes with 60/40 rails that allow you to grab hold of the sides of your board, which in turn will allow you to keep hold as you attempt more challenging surfing poses.
- These are available in a range of lengths, making them adaptable to many different sizes of riders.
- The price - this is a decent budget unit, which will certainly help riders that are struggling to make ends meet and want to save some money on their board.
- This board cannot really carry users that weigh over 150-pounds. If you are a larger surfer, then you should probably be looking elsewhere for a bodyboard.
With this board, we’ve certainly saved the best until last, with this very stylish-looking black bodyboard.
This board is the strongest that we have on this list, with a massive carrying load of 25o-pounds.
This comes with a high-density core and two graphite stringers that will make this board virtually indestructible - introducing the Custom X Beast Big Guy Bodyboard.
- This is one of the hardest boards that you can find on the market, with a thick outline that you can be sure will have everything that you need for a long haul ride on the waves.
- This is for the pros who want a board that will not let them down when they are on the waves.
- With its sturdy composition and a decent length on the board itself, you won’t have to worry about it snapping in two. You could even smash this one on the rocks and it would still survive.
- This board will be able to handle the heaviest riders, so if you are anywhere near 250-pounds, you won’t have to worry about this board flipping.
- Novices should steer clear of this board, as it is very thick and will definitely be too much for a beginner to handle.
Best Bodyboards Buying Guide
When you are looking for a decent bodyboard, there will be a number of features that they simply must have to keep you on top of the water with a high level of reliability.
You’ll also need decent grips on the edge of the board, especially if you are someone who likes to execute complex tricks.
Here are some things that you’ll be looking for on your next board:
How Thick Is It?
The thickness will determine how reliable it moves through the waves. The heavier your board is, the faster it will travel through the water.
What Shape Is It?
The shape will determine how the water flows over it, which will, in turn, affect the speed of your bodyboard.
What Materials Is It Made From?
We would recommend that you have an EPS core or something similar.
Not only will this keep the integrity of your board, but it will act as an anchor that will keep you firm in the water as you move.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does A Bodyboard Last?
A bodyboard could be with you for life if you maintain it correctly.
There are many factors that can reduce the lifespan of a bodyboard, including intense and prolonged exposure to both sunlight and saltwater.
If you are bashing your bodyboard against the rock regularly, then this will also affect your board.
We hope that our list of some of the best bodyboards on the market has helped you isolate which one you’ll need for the level of surfing you’re used to doing.