If you’ve ever been a fan of outdoor biking, then you’ll certainly have heard of the Mongoose brand of mountain bikes.
These bikes are some of the best in the game, with durable frames, very flexible and springy suspension and a decent price tag that will make sure that you have everything you need to keep your wallet intact.
We have tried to find a wide array of bikes, one with thick tires, bikes for adults and children as well as bikes that are designed for more hardcore riding.
If you like your outdoor sports, then we can guarantee that there’ll be something for everyone on this list.
But where can you find one of the amazing mountain bikes? What features does a Mongoose mountain bike that you can’t pinpoint on any other bike?
What are the materials that go into making a good mountain bike? How much will you have to pay for one of these mountain bikes?
Well, if you’ve ever roved your eyes across a Mongoose mountain bike and wanted to know more, then we would suggest that you keep on reading.
We have compiled a list of some of the best Mongoose bikes that we can find, whether they are for children, adults or hardcore mountain bikers.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
This first bike is one of the best standard bikes that Mongoose provides. It comes with a very durable aluminum frame that you can count on if you are riding for long hours across dirt trails.
It also has complete suspension on the front and rear, so you can be certain that you’ll have everything that you need for a smooth ride across trail, gravel or wood - introducing Mongoose Impasse Mountain Bike.
- This bike comes with 29-inch wheels, which is great for helping you mount those awkward humps and bumps or if you are into stunt work.
- This is a brilliant bike for tackling offroad conditions. This can be a bike you can ride on pretty much any surface, it even makes a great bike to ride to and from work.
- This is great for tracking up steep hills, coming with dual suspension, you can be sure that you’ll have the ability to maintain a smooth ride.
- The price - as with all of the bikes that come from Mongoose, this bike comes at a very decent price. This is perfect if you want to buy a new bike but are strapped for cash.
- This bike might have too many features if all you are planning on doing is riding it to and from work every day.
This next bike also has dual suspension, making it one of the best bikes that you can ride on hard and bumpy surfaces.
This bike is great for traversing the really rocky terrain, allowing you a smooth ride and really reducing the level of saddle soreness that you’ll experience - introducing the Mongoose Status Mountain Bike.
- With an aluminum frame with hydroformed tubing that you can be sure will really sustain some of the roughest rides that you are brave enough to take it on.
- This has both front and back suspension, which means that you will hardly feel the rumbling underneath you. This will make for a much smoother ride and reduce the likelihood of accidents.
- This has V-brakes, which will really help you when you are navigating those tight corners.
- You can have upwards of 12 gear shifts with this bike, enabling you to change speed depending on what the terrain throws at you.
- This bike might be a little too heavy-duty for beginner riders. You should always be wary of having tires that are too big for you, especially if this is the first time you are riding on a trail.
This next model might be a girl’s bike, but it really doesn’t skimp on any of the heavy-duty features that you can expect from a fully grown adult man’s bike.
This comes with a suspension fork that will absorb a lot of the shocks of riding across rough terrain - introducing the Mongoose Maxim Girls Mountain Bike.
- This bike comes with hydroformed aluminum framing that will definitely see you through from one year to the next.
- This bike has thicker tires that will allow you to smoothly navigate even the most varied terrain. This is great for learner bikers who are pulling off moves.
- This comes with linear bike brakes which will permit you those short and sharp brakes for when you are about to hit an obstacle. This is again very useful for learners.
- This bike comes with alloy rims that will be able to easily sustain all the breaks and shocks that you will certainly get if you are into long-distance riding.
- This bike is not for adults - if you find yourself trying to sit on this one and you are fully grown, then you can expect some discomfort.
Next up we have another heavy-duty bike for the younglings, coming with a durable frame and some of the best suspensions that you can expect to find on the market.
If you have a child that wants to take their first trip out on the trails, then we would certainly push them towards this model - introducing the Mongoose Exlipse Full Dual Suspension Mountain Bike for Kids.
- This is one of the best bikes for kids that you can find on the market - it has very good suspension and will keep most kids safe and secure when out on the trails.
- This has solid alloy wheels and will not buckle when your child is pulling wheelies or trying their first few tricks.
- You can adapt this bike for a growing child, with pedals and brake systems that can be altered with the developing bike proficiency of the rider.
- The price - this is a very reasonably priced bike. You can even buy more than one if you have a few children you want to teach.
- This bike is another one for adults - we would not recommend that you pick up this bike if you are over 4 feet tall.
This final bike is one of the heftiest on this list, coming with beefy 26-inch tires that you can use to glide over some of the roughest terrains that you might encounter in the great outdoors.
This is for anyone who likes to ride for most of the day, smashing through mud, wood, rocks and shale without any risk of punctures - introducing Mongoose Dolomite Mens Fat Tire Mountain Bike.
- This bike is for hardcore riders - with a solid aluminum frame and dual suspension, you can expect fast braking and flexible maneuvering.
- You can adjust various components of this bike to suit the rider - if you are taller, then you can yank up the seat to fit your posture.
- This bike comes with a solid braking system, perhaps one of the best on this list. This is very important if you are negotiating tricky terrain with a hefty bike like this.
- This bike is very stylish - with an eye-catching red trim around the wheels, you can be sure you’ll be the envy of your local bike club.
- The price - this is one of the more expensive bikes on this list, so you might find yourself having to dig deep into your pocket for one of these.
Mongoose Mountain Bikes Buying Guide
If you are looking for a solid mountain bike that will be able to navigate large distances, then there will be a few features that you’ll definitely need to have.
You’ll need a bike that is very resilient to pressure, as well as great to handle, allowing you to travel some great distances.
Here are a few things you’ll need for your next mountain bike:
How Thick Are The Tires?
Put simply, the thicker the tires are on your mountain bike, then the more resistant they will be to punctures.
However, the thicker the tires are, then the more unwieldy your bike will be. You’ll have to think about whether you value durability over speed and power.
If you are buying a bike for children, then we would certainly recommend that you have tires that are manageable to handle.
If they are just getting to grips with the steering and the terrain of mountain biking, they won’t want to weigh them down with heavy equipment.
What Is The Frame Made From?
Most of the more durable mountain bikes will be made from aluminum, as this is the most durable substance.
It can take quite some beating, although you’ll have to factor in how much riding you’ll be doing and over what period of time.
You should also consider how thick the spokes on the tires are, as these will be the parts of the bike that are most prone to buckling.
If you are going to be skidding a lot or vaulting over ramps, then we would definitely recommend that you get thicker tires.
How Quick Are The Brakes?
Obviously, you’ll be wanting brakes that can be applied fairly quickly with some degree of responsiveness.
Mountain biking is often characterized by high speeds and perilous drops, so you’ll want as much control over your bike as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is Mongoose A Good Make Of Bike?
One of the main reasons that this brand is so popular is because they combine the durability and reliability of a top-range mountain bike with the price tag of a consumer bike that you might take to the office.
How Easy Should The Bike Be To Ride?
You should be able to make quite nimble turns with your bike, as well as a brake that will be very responsive when you press it.
This bike should be easy to ride, especially for children, as this can be a very tricky terrain to travel over. You should make sure that any children you are with on the trail are supervised at all times.
We hope that our guide to some of the best mountain bikes by Mongoose had helped you to narrow down which one you’ll need for your riding needs.
These will cut corners on your budget but, thankfully, not on the treacherous mountain path.